Ikemen Subbing staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ikemen Subbing staff

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introduce yourself

Go down 
+8
sggal
mysticwater
thesettingsun
bahenol
juudenkanryou
xioshe
harumi
Resie
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Resie

Resie

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 2:28 pm

This is where new members can introduce themselves.

A bit about yourself and what you intend to do at Ikemen.
Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:25 am

Hi Resie~~

This is Hoshiko from DA. =) Am i.. the first to post here? O_o

Anyway, I've worked with fansub groups before, but this would be the first time I'm helping to translate a jdrama. So.. yoroshiku onegaishimasu! I'm looking forward to working with the staffers of Ikemen subbing. =)

I will be translating most of the time. If needed, I can time, edit, or encode. (^-^)v
Back to top Go down
harumi
♡ Fulltime fangirl ♡
harumi

Female Number of posts : 631

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:30 am

^ Hello~

Currently we have only four members in Ikemen Subbing. Translators are more than welcome Very Happy

You should now see staff sections of the forums.
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/ohmyg00dies
Resie

Resie

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:31 am

*huggles*

Welcome sweetie!

We'll fix your account and stuffs up soon~

(and once we've fixed you up you'll see more stuffs)

meh- you beat me Haru.
Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 7:47 pm

Hi harumi and Resie!

^__^ Thanx for the warm welcome and thank you for making me a staff!~ XD I'm very happy to be working with you guys!~

Oh~~ really?? Then I can tell everyone that I was part of Ikemen Subbing when there were only 4 members. =P haha~
Back to top Go down
xioshe

xioshe

Female Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 10:48 pm

This is late but, WELCOME TO OUR LITTLE FAMILY, JIXJI! ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.xioshe.tyl.cc/

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 9:37 pm

^___^ thank you xioshe!~~~ XD haha it's okay. i'm happy you left a message of welcome here for me. =)
Back to top Go down
juudenkanryou

juudenkanryou

Female Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 6:11 am

Hi, Juu here!

I've never actually been an official part of subbing groups, but I've helped with at least three others as an unofficial, on-demand QC-er, though not in the sense that Ikemen Subbing describes QC-ing to be. My job as a QC-er involves checking timing, translations, and grammar. I can't hardsub because as much as I would like to learn, I don't have the facilities for it O________o I'm okay to translate lyrics as long as I have the kanji/kana -- when it comes to songs, my listening skill still leaves much to be desired. Translating speech is one thing (I mostly get thrown off by unfamiliar verbs/nouns that I can't guess sometimes because I really have no practice with listening as I am entirely self-study but have no one to practice speech with, but otherwise I'm okay -- I make detailed episode recaps of Kiva every week complete with relevant dialogue, for example), but translating songs by ear in which you have to contend with hearing words over music and through possible accent/other speech inflections introduced in singing, um. *fails in that aspect*

I can also provide RAWs of PureBOYS projects, and almost anything that has Takiguchi Yukihiro or Katou Keisuke in it. (I spend way too much on Takiguchi, really XDDDDDDDDD)
Back to top Go down
http://twistedhalo711.livejournal.com
harumi
♡ Fulltime fangirl ♡
harumi

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 8:00 pm

^ Welcomeeee~ Very Happy

(PMed)
Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 3:27 am

hey all,

i was interested in holyland and somehow dropped here.
i've got the raws and korean subtitles, but would like it better with english subs.
i can translate for you if you want, but dont know much about anything else.

i dont know if i'd be much help, but contact me at my email address as I probably won't check this forum often. Smile
Back to top Go down
Resie

Resie

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 3:35 am

Welcome to the group *.*

What will you be translating from? Japanese audio or the korean softs out of curiosity?

I'll set up you account properly soon and we'll go from there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
harumi
♡ Fulltime fangirl ♡
harumi

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 8:38 am

Welcome phade!
Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 10:21 am

hey~

i'll be translating from the korean soft subs, if thats ok.
i only know basic japanese, but am fluent in korean. Smile
Back to top Go down
Resie

Resie

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 10:25 am

Excellent! Well if you like you can get started on the first episode right now. I'll fix up your access to the rest of the forum in a bit. Others have said they'd do ep1 but I think no one has started because they've been busy~~
Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 11:01 am

ok.. its a bit late here in the states. i'll start working on them when i wake and at work Smile
what do i do when i'm finished? can i email or msn or aim?
Back to top Go down
harumi
♡ Fulltime fangirl ♡
harumi

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 11:24 am

phade wrote:
ok.. its a bit late here in the states. i'll start working on them when i wake and at work Smile
what do i do when i'm finished? can i email or msn or aim?

Finished translations can be posted to a project thread of Holyland. It's up to you whether you have translation in a text document (.txt, .rtf, .doc etc) or as a plain text which you paste to a post.

^^
Back to top Go down
bahenol

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 5:35 am

hii minna
my name is bahenol (in indonesia it means sexy woman ^^)
I don't know if I can help to translate in here because I only know basic japan and for chinese translation I guess I can handle it since I can ask my family if I make a mistake
I never been in a subbing team before so yosohiku onegaishimasu ^^
please teach and give me some guidance
and here my DA account www.bahenol.deviantart.com
Back to top Go down
harumi
♡ Fulltime fangirl ♡
harumi

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 5:37 pm

bahenol wrote:
hii minna
my name is bahenol (in indonesia it means sexy woman ^^)
I don't know if I can help to translate in here because I only know basic japan and for chinese translation I guess I can handle it since I can ask my family if I make a mistake
I never been in a subbing team before so yosohiku onegaishimasu ^^
please teach and give me some guidance
and here my DA account www.bahenol.deviantart.com

Hi there Smile

All our Chinese translations are done from subtitles. So it's likely easier than translating Japanese from audio, right ~

Anything certain you'd be interested in translating? We currently have c-subs for:
- Rocket Boys (drama)
- Holyland (drama)
- Kindan No Koi (movie)
Back to top Go down
bahenol

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 6:01 am

Quote :
Hi there Smile

All our Chinese translations are done from subtitles. So it's likely easier than translating Japanese from audio, right ~

No prob
It will be easier for me to translate the han zi ^^

Quote :
Anything certain you'd be interested in translating? We currently have c-subs for:
- Rocket Boys (drama)
- Holyland (drama)
- Kindan No Koi (movie)

anything will be OK ^^
I will translate it as soon as I get the han zi
harumi-san, I can only translate some drama/movie until March only, if u don't mind
because I must focus on my study ^^
thx u Very Happy
Back to top Go down
harumi
♡ Fulltime fangirl ♡
harumi

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 2:55 pm

^ Ok I will PM you~
Back to top Go down
thesettingsun

thesettingsun

Female Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 4:28 am

Hi guys,

I contacted Resia via d-addicts and she directed me here. I'm interested in helping out with Japanese translation. I don't have any fansubbing experience, but after seeing too many dramas with inaccurate translations I thought I may as well give it a go.

Looking forward to working with you,

Pip
Back to top Go down
Resie

Resie

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 4:32 am

Hi Pip~

I'll try and set your account up right now so you can see everything Smile

Edit: All fixed.
Back to top Go down
thesettingsun

thesettingsun

Female Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 6:19 am

Awesome. So, what next? Is there anything I could get started on?
Back to top Go down
Resie

Resie

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 6:26 am

Hmmm. Well if you like you can start translating Holyland episode 1 if it takes your fancy. Smile All the info and videos are in the Holyland thread. Just post any questions you have about it there.
Back to top Go down
harumi
♡ Fulltime fangirl ♡
harumi

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 3:35 pm

Welcome Pip!

Also besides dramas, if you wanna try something different now and then, there are e.g. behind the scenes/making of vids and TV HOMME videos. The latter ones are vids that come with the magazine (they are quite short, from few minutes to 10-something minutes) and are about actors making photoshoots.

- Harumi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ikemen Subbing staff :: Ai No Kotodama :: Announcements-
Jump to: